Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Cottage Style Window Treatments

Top of the mornin' to ya!

I have a friend who is redoing her master
bedroom ... cottage style.

Recently she had the bedroom painted
a beautiful buttery, golden, yellow.
The room rec's TONS of natural light ...
so she's really wanting a window treatment
that allows light but would also have the
option of blocking some of the light
when needed.

Here's the bedding she chose ...

This is part of the Better Homes and Gardens Collection
at Walmart!  You can find it here.

(Sorry about the small images ...
the larger I make them ... the fuzzier
they become ... bummer)

Isn't this bedding beautiful ...
the pictures don't give it justice ...
the pillows have such detail in the
embroidery -- the colors are so fresh!

The only thing I would change with this
combination is white sheets ... in my
friend's master suite ... these colored
sheets might fight against the wall color.

__________________________

So I was thinking maybe this for a
window treatment ...


This picture sums it up:

1) wood flooring
2) area rug in a neutral tone
3) so many different white tones
being layered in this space
4) white sheers that can be easily
closed with the option of closing
a heavier drape to block out
bright light
5) maybe white wooden hardware
instead of the starkness of black or
perhaps medium stained wooden 
hardware to warm things up a bit - 
that would go nicely
with the wood floor

Perhaps a white sheer along with a white
drape ... that combination would blend
nicely with the all ready painted walls
and tie in nicely with all the beatiful
white painted trim in the room.

__________________________
May your day be filled with
glorious sunshine!

After I wrote this ... I had more ideas about warming up this bedroom with rattan shades ... hmmm ... I like that idea ... break up some of the "whiteness" a bit ... I'll get to ya on that vein of thought!  Later tater ...

2 comments:

  1. Gina, after 3 years of patiently waiting for money to buy a bedroom set at Pottery Barn, I went in to see it. Just to verify to myself that it was exactly what we wanted. Well, once I got in there, I was shocked at the changes in material they used. It was beautiful, but definitely not durable, or even all that warm. It was nothing like the quilts I had previously purchased for my home. So, I started over, and I too ended up with a Better Homes and Gardens quilt from Walmart! I love it, and it was a quarter of the price too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job dude! A good window treatment should not only be functional for you in providing privacy, you should also add to the decoration of the entire house. We should almost make you want to smile as you enter the area.
    denver replacement windows

    ReplyDelete