Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Before I get ahead of myself ...


Want to go on a little field trip with me?

May I introduce to you the couple

who have energized me with the message ...

"you can turn something ordinary
into something extraordinary!"



:O)


They are not only talented but sooooooooo funny!
Their videos truly entertain me ...


http://theletteredcottage.net/2010/03/kitchen-re-do-2.html




so after your little journey to their southern cottage ...

come back over to Our Cottage in the Making


and see if what Layla did ... can be done


in our own cottage kitchen :O)
(I apologize for my low-quality pictures ...
I'm researching a better camera - wow are they pricey!)






So what do you think? Is it possible?


add some crown molding to the tops of cabinets


paint all trim & cabinets Decorator's White by BMPaints


new flooring (wood perhaps?)


new counter-top

(granite would be my first choice BUT a friend

told me a long time ago ...

unless your house is a "granite level" house ...

skip the cost ...

there are wonderful alternatives

out there that will give you

a "wow" look

w/o all the cost!)


some yummy new hardware (rubbed bronze?)


and updated lighting


Remember the earlier post I shared ...


the bones of a room need to be addressed first ...

accessories last ...


hmmm ... new lighting ... that's going to be messy.
But oh, so worth it :O)