Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Demo Duo

Dan (hubby) and Dave (bro)
slurpin' joe, muchin' donuts and
bringin' down da' hooouussee!




Aren't they a couple of goof-balls.

gotta love 'em :O)



Here are some before shots of the kitchen ...




So as you can see ... I've been in
"out-of-date primitive-country"

...

time to freshen things up!



This wall houses a variety of things

1. a clock
2. dry erase calendar (we live by this thing!)
3. land-line phone
4. charging station for phones & camera
5. lap-top
6. book shelves for daily items
7. sometimes my recipe books (it changes)
8. "the homework cabinet"
it's the tall piece on the left ...
it's full of wonderful items like crayons,
markers, scissors, paper,
pencil sharpener, ect.
WE USE THIS EVERYDAY!




Now that wall looks like this ...


And I'm thinkin' it would look great like this ...


Computer desk contemporary kitchen


or this ...


San Carlos Residence Two contemporary kitchen



or this ...


Kitchen traditional kitchen



or this ...


Bedroom Office traditional bedroom



or this ...





Lafayette Residence Two traditional kitchen


So you see an overall theme? Chunky trim! Lots of it ... w/ wainscoting :O)
mmmm ... delicious.

All of of these inspirations found on www.houzz.com
are great example of better space utilized.

And when you live in a cozy cottage ...
it's all about utilized space :O)


So where's the wall that was removed?



bye-bye closet ... :O)






The back hall has 4 doors!
one to the back porch (left )
one to the red bathroom (straight ahead)
one to the garage (right)
one we're peakin' through right now :O)


The hall closet had a folding door that would
get in the way every time someone wanted
to come through the garage door. It was
a matter of time before someone got their hand
slammed!



And I'm thinkin' it would look great like this ...

The Forgotten – Mud Room : Design Inspiration Blog traditional entry


or this ...

mudroom traditional entry


or this ...

Stonebreaker Builders & Remodelers traditional laundry room



or this ...

Renovation Redux Mudroom contemporary entry


Isn't fun to dream?

Speaking of dreaming ... it's time for little miss gina
to get some zzzzzzzzzz's ...

Have fun looking at your space w/fresh eyes!

















4 comments:

  1. How exciting! I loved the first example for the kitchen wall. I can't wait to see what you do. I seriously looked my kitchen over to see if I couldn't put something like that in here. You inspire me! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send the demo-ers down for the summer (maybe during cousin camp;) My laundry room needs some help, and I've been to scared to tackle it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last mudroom idea is now on my "short-list" for my back hall/mudroom...LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gina,

    I saw your comment on Layla's blog and jumped over here. I love your blog! I'm a fairly new blogger too. Stop by if you have a chance.

    becca-homeiswheremystorybegins@blogspot.com

    Becca

    ReplyDelete