Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Goin' Craigin'

Salutations!

We've been busy, busy, busy here at our cottage in the making!


In order for us to achieve this ...


San Carlos Residence Two contemporary kitchen




we needed to scrounge up a crazy-amazing deal on craigslist ...

I'm happy to announce -- the deal was found :O)

Woo Hoo!


My dear friend, Dana,
along with the help from her dear ol' hubby ...
we hauled my loot on their handy-dandy trailer!




Yee-Haw!





I got these puppies for $75 ...

don't get me wrong ... I see their flaws ...
but with some TLC ... molding and paint ...
these cabinets will sing!

Sing!



So how do we go from this ....



to this ...

San Carlos Residence Two contemporary kitchen


Stay tuned ... the fun is just beginnin'

:O)


-- Oh, here's a quick painting tip --

Instead of using paint stirrers for paint history

KEEP YOUR PAINT CAN LIDS!


They instantly give you ...


1. the date it was mixed
2. where it was mixed
3. the recipe
4. what base was used
5. and flip it over ... viola ... the color!




I've save a lot of time by keeping my lids :O)



Happy painting my friends ...





4 comments:

  1. oh gina,

    i can see it in my minds eye and it's beautiful!!!! those cabinets are going to be perfect and i so wish i could be there for the transformation (my FAVORITE thing - taking trash to treasure with PAINT).

    i can't wait to see them even with primer :-) quick - cover that brown! and i just noticed that the inserts are beadboard? amazing.

    -lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love, Love, Love Behr paint...and their website is awesome. I hope your project goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the after pictures! I was thinking as I read this post how amazing of a gift you have to see the beauty in a piece of run-down furniture and it made me think how awesome of a friend you are cause even when I'm feelin "junky" you still love me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. During one of our home improvement projects, our contractor/friend accidentally smashed a hole through our bathroom wall into a bedroom wall. We had to repaint that wall. But I didn't remember what that paint color was called and we didn't save the can of paint(I like throwing things away.) So I was FRAZZLED!!(I was probably hormonal,too. I was 8 months pregnant) Then I said to myself: "I'll call Gina Miller. Gina Miller will know what to do." And she did! She gave me very simple and clear, step by step instructions on the phone. We did everything exactly the way we were told. Before we knew it, that wall was done and it matched with the rest of the walls in that room. When my husband was painting, he kept saying things like: "You know, Gina was right when she said this... You know, I'm glad Gina told us that..." It was easy breezy. However,from now on, we will save out paint lids. Thanks, Gina.

    ReplyDelete