Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

No Budget Means No Moola!

A friend asked me today,

"Your kitchen redo doesn't have a budget?
Does that mean you have an endless amount
of money to spend on this project?"

And my simple reply was, "No, it is the extreme opposite."

No Budget Means No Money ...

Zip - Zilch - Nada - Nutin'

(that last one means nothing with a slang thang)





So where did I get the $75 for the craigslist cabinets you ask?



I used to sell Longaberger Baskets
(way back in the day)
and I sold them in a back alley
to someone through craigslist ... go figure :O)

But do you want to hear the best part?

This is when design, budget and desire come
to a big fat head!

What? Big fat head?

What does that mean?

It means ...

Creativity kicks in ...

Dan and I did a little digging and learned
about a new product introduced to us by ...

TheLetteredCottage


Paintable Beadboard Wallpaper ...



you can find it here!


After reading the reviews ... we decided
to try this on our "new" cabinets.


Real beadboard can be difficult to install and
I've mentioned before, a pain in the too-too
to paint :O)

So ......

stay tuned for some new pics of those
cabinets that needed a little lovin'

(I'll give a play-by-play of how I used this product on the old cabinets)


Until then, may your limited budget
give you freedom to be creative!



1 comment:

  1. Hey Gina...thanks for sending me the link to your blog. Love it! I'll be watching your kitchen transformation and i love what you've written already :-)
    ~rebekah

    ReplyDelete