Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

What My Mother Taught Me ...

I have so much to be grateful for ...

my mom is the BEST!

Ruby
(isn't that an awesome name)

has taught me so much.

When I think of the gifts and talents I possess ...

I think of mom.



Here are a few things she has taught me ...

... how to make a flaky pie crust ...

... how to keep a house clean (daily) ...

... how to sow a garden ...

... how to weed the garden ...

... how to harvest the garden ...

... how to wash windows ...

... how to sew window treatments ...

... the basics in cooking (from scratch) ...

... that there's a time to work and
there's a time to rest ...

... how to be independent ...

and to not be ashamed of working hands ...

look at those beautiful hands ...



And now with the passing of Pappy
(her husband of many years)

she's teaching me how to truly rely
on the Lord with

every

single

b r e a t h
____________________

I love you, Mom!

Happy Mother's Day :O)




2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post!
    You just made me wanna call my Mom!
    :-)

    Layla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, Gina, and I've just caught up on your blog from the start. Found your blog through your comment on Layla's Lettered Cottage blog (which I've been following for nearly a year) and love the things you've done to your home so far. Great taste! Love the "do it for less" approach myself, too! Look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete